Friday, February 18, 2011

A Capital Offence

Some may think that what I'm doing is blasphemous. Maybe. Some think that it's downright wrong. Probably. To be honest, from my point of view, the story of Jesus is as fluid and changing as any other tall tale. It's been passed along from one gospel-writer to another, from one version of the bible to another, and each person who reads the story of Christ will take away something personal, something unique from the story.

Everyone has a different point of view, but I decided to write mine down. I'm in no way saying that my version of the story is better, more accurate, or more spiritually sound. I think I could get away with saying that my Christ is more relate-able, more human, and the story might be more entertaining than the original. If, by saying that or by writing this novel,  I've offended anyone of the Christian persuasion, well, I can't spend the rest of this life apologizing. 

Please, dear readers, consider this your only warning. Keep an open and adventurous mind as you read Sword of the Christ: Book One. If you don't, you might end up critically offended.

-E. St. Sinn

No comments:

Post a Comment